The call is open again!!
Get ready for the seventh edition of You Better Move (8 nov) where you will enter a club where Street/club culture, personal stories and music meet. The one-day festival is curated by Nedda Sou and open to all art forms that start from the body. We encourage makers to apply with performances that embrace elements of the club and street dance scene such as house dance, hip hop, dancehall, Dance styles from the African continent, waackin, popping, experimental and other interesting techniques.
APPLY: Googleform >>>
DEADLINE: 8 Oct 2019, 24:00 CET
This recurring one-day dance festival is part of a series and is there for the makers and is created by the makers. Dansmakers Amsterdam helps with this. Each edition is compiled by a choreographer who works in Amsterdam. The festival is open to choreographers, dancers and performance artists, you can send in proposals for performances and interventions, finished work or work in the research phase. We prefer short works (max. 10-25 minutes), technically doable and that can be presented in the theatre or in a non-conventional space such as a studio, foyer or outside. Ideas for workshops and installations are also welcome.
Dansmakers Amsterdam provides:
- The opportunity to present the work to an audience in a professional, light and festive context
- A place to share, give and receive feedback and to meet other dance professionals and programmers
- Professional promotion of the festival and promotion of the participating artists
- Stage photography and registration
- Reimbursement of expenses and travel costs and a small performance fee
- Dinner and two free drinks on the festival day
- Free ticket for one guest
You can apply by filling in the online google form: http://bit.ly/YouBetterMove (sign in with your e-mail account)
- Short description of the work (max. 150 words)
- Biography (75 words) + portrait (min 2MB)
- One video link to the work (*)
- 2 images of the work (min. 2MB)
- Technical requirements with a suggested place for your work (theatre, foyer, studio, outdoors)
- Number of dancers and crew (try to keep it low)
Note: the application text, video and images of the selected artists will be rewritten and used for the promotion of the festival.
(*) Video-link should be downloadable: Mention Password of applicable.
Nedda Sou (NL) is an urban dance professional/clubhead and advocate of the Urban/club dance culture. Self-taught, she found her way into the professional field through performances in various commercial shows and theatre productions. Nedda specialized in Street and club dance styles with shows including house dance, hip hop, dancehall, Krump,waackin, popping, and experimental.